Allison is currently in her fourth year of teaching first grade at Thew Elementary School in Tempe, Arizona. Allison received her undergraduate degree at Arizona State University and is currently working toward her Masters in Educational Administration through Grand Canyon University. She loves the challenge of building students’ foundational math skills that will help them succeed in the future.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG
- Growing with the IM Community Hub January 12, 2021
- What does it mean to know mathematics? January 4, 2021
- Preparing for the Unknown: Our Journey to Virtual Facilitation December 21, 2020
- The Nuances of Understanding a Fraction as a Number December 7, 2020
- Creating Time and Space for Students to Develop Foundational Mathematical Ideas November 16, 2020
5 Practices Adapting Curriculum Algebra 1 assessment back to school CCSS CCSSM classroom community classroom discourse classroom success stories Common Core conceptual understanding curriculum Design principles dilation distance learning Division Elementary Grades Math Equity Fractions Geometry high school Illustrative Mathematics 6–8 Math IM 6-8 Math IM 9-12 Math IM K-5 Math instructional routines in the classroom learning goal learning target lesson-planning lesson planning math content Math Language Routines notice and wonder number talk planning problem-based learning professional books Professional Learning routines slope Standards supports for English Language Learners Unfinished Learning