Linda Richard teaches mathematics at Cascadia College in the Pacific Northwest. She has taught high school mathematics, written math curriculum, and run teacher professional development programs. Linda helped pilot and roll out Washington State’s Bridge to College Mathematics course, designed to help students transition successfully to post-secondary math. She loves finding new ways to connect all students to the beauty and usefulness of mathematics.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG
- Growing with the IM Community Hub January 12, 2021
- What does it mean to know mathematics? January 4, 2021
- Preparing for the Unknown: Our Journey to Virtual Facilitation December 21, 2020
- The Nuances of Understanding a Fraction as a Number December 7, 2020
- Creating Time and Space for Students to Develop Foundational Mathematical Ideas November 16, 2020
5 Practices Adapting Curriculum Algebra 1 assessment back to school CCSS CCSSM classroom community classroom discourse classroom success stories Common Core conceptual understanding curriculum Design principles dilation distance learning Division Elementary Grades Math Equity Fractions Geometry high school Illustrative Mathematics 6–8 Math IM 6-8 Math IM 9-12 Math IM K-5 Math instructional routines in the classroom learning goal learning target lesson-planning lesson planning math content Math Language Routines notice and wonder number talk planning problem-based learning professional books Professional Learning routines slope Standards supports for English Language Learners Unfinished Learning