Tina was the Geometry lead for the IM high school curriculum. Since that project ended she has been coaching teachers and supporting districts as the Assistant Director of the Center for Mathematics Achievement at Lesley University. Before that, Tina spent over 10 years teaching high school math at public schools in Massachusetts. She organized the ideas of her online community that networks on Twitter to publish the book Nix the Tricks in 2013 (followed by a second edition in 2015). Tina has presented at regional and national conferences on nixing tricks in the mathematics classroom, language routines to support student learning, and equity in IM K–12 math.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG
- Growing with the IM Community Hub January 12, 2021
- What does it mean to know mathematics? January 4, 2021
- Preparing for the Unknown: Our Journey to Virtual Facilitation December 21, 2020
- The Nuances of Understanding a Fraction as a Number December 7, 2020
- Creating Time and Space for Students to Develop Foundational Mathematical Ideas November 16, 2020
5 Practices Adapting Curriculum Algebra 1 assessment back to school CCSS CCSSM classroom community classroom discourse classroom success stories Common Core conceptual understanding curriculum Design principles dilation distance learning Division Elementary Grades Math Equity Fractions Geometry high school Illustrative Mathematics 6–8 Math IM 6-8 Math IM 9-12 Math IM K-5 Math instructional routines in the classroom learning goal learning target lesson-planning lesson planning math content Math Language Routines notice and wonder number talk planning problem-based learning professional books Professional Learning routines slope Standards supports for English Language Learners Unfinished Learning