Vanessa Cerrahoglu started her journey as an educator, curriculum developer, and workshop facilitator over 20 years ago. She taught high school mathematics in Los Angeles and Orange County before joining her local county office as a math coordinator. She has developed a unique perspective to the problems we face every day, through her work with diverse learning communities: a site with predominantly English language learners in Title 1 schools, a math and science academy, and an academy grounded in the arts. She currently supports teachers, administrators, and varied stakeholders, grades K–12, to foster a love for learning mathematics! She tweets @mymathsoul.
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG
- Growing with the IM Community Hub January 12, 2021
- What does it mean to know mathematics? January 4, 2021
- Preparing for the Unknown: Our Journey to Virtual Facilitation December 21, 2020
- The Nuances of Understanding a Fraction as a Number December 7, 2020
- Creating Time and Space for Students to Develop Foundational Mathematical Ideas November 16, 2020
5 Practices Adapting Curriculum Algebra 1 assessment back to school CCSS CCSSM classroom community classroom discourse classroom success stories Common Core conceptual understanding curriculum Design principles dilation distance learning Division Elementary Grades Math Equity Fractions Geometry high school Illustrative Mathematics 6–8 Math IM 6-8 Math IM 9-12 Math IM K-5 Math instructional routines in the classroom learning goal learning target lesson-planning lesson planning math content Math Language Routines notice and wonder number talk planning problem-based learning professional books Professional Learning routines slope Standards supports for English Language Learners Unfinished Learning