We want to share our deepest gratitude for the work each of you has been doing to protect yourselves, your families, your students, and your school communities, as you face hard decisions about how to support students while also reducing our close contact with one another. Each of us faces unique situations and there are no easy solutions for any of the various components of supporting children that each of us are charged with.
At IM, we want to help everyone who supports students to learn during this time. The IM blog (illustrativemathematics.blog) will be our starting point for everything we can offer. In the coming days, as we shift staff off of other projects and focus our energies here, these posts and resources will come online. (Items on this list will continue to become live links as posts and assets become available.)
Update for 15-April:
Updates for 30-March:
Updates for 24-March:
- Planning for Learning in Spring 2020
- Activity-level guidance to assist in planning for remote learning for IM 6–8 Math and IM 9–12 Math
- IM Talking Math: New slides every day
Updates for 18-March:
- Organized community-created resources such as videos, worked examples, online versions of card sorts, interactive applets, and review packets. To submit new resources, please use this form.
- At IM we are committed to our openly-licensed curriculum being available for free. During these unprecedented times, we are pleased to share the following information from all three IM Certified partners providing IM curricula.
- Kendall Hunt offers a way to easily load IM 6–8 Math and IM 9–12 Math into Google Classroom (requires free teacher login).
- LearnZillion is offering all IM Certified units and lessons for free digitally on learnzillion.com.
- McGraw-Hill Education is offering free access to its digital resources for any of its existing IM customers. Contact McGraw Hill technical support at (800) 437-3715 for help setting up access for both teachers and students.
- Quick downloads of IM 6–8 Math and IM 9–12 Math certified curriculum materials to support teachers constructing packets to send home. The last three units in each course are available now.
- Online resources for caregivers and teachers who want to give K–12 students opportunities to explore interesting math topics on their own, as they focus on staying happy and healthy over the next several weeks.
- Compiled resources and advice for teachers moving instruction online.
We will roll out resources on an ongoing basis. This post will be your starting point to find things as they become available.