2022 was a remarkable year of growth and achievement at IM. Our employees are energetic, inspired, and committed to our vision of a world where all learners know, use, and enjoy mathematics. I couldn’t be more proud of what we have achieved this year. And I am so grateful to the IM community for their expertise and wisdom, and to our IM Certified distributors, Imagine Learning, Kendall Hunt, and McGraw Hill, with whom we have partnered in events and campaigns and who share our strategic vision. Here are some highlights:
- We grew from 45 employees to 60.
- We delivered 4,165 professional learning events, 532 of which were in-person.
- 1.7 million students and counting are using our curriculum in the 2022–2023 school year.
- IM K–5 Math™ was rated green in all three gateways on EdReports.
- Our professional learning content team completed an ambitious expansion of our catalog, including PL focused on Universal Design for Learning, Math Language Routines, and PL for leaders.
- We translated Algebra I and Algebra I Supports into Spanish.
- We joined the Research Partnership for Professional Learning.
- We launched the IM Resource Hub.
- We received a loan for $1M from the Educational Resources Investment Fund to support developing the next version of our curriculum.
- Through our Learning Lab we visited amazing K–5 and 6–8 classrooms in Des Moines, IA, and Springfield, MI.
With the growth in our employees and the development of our products and services we are ready to take on the next challenge, which is to think about how we can go beyond curriculum and professional development to support schools and districts using our curriculum. I look forward to sharing some of these ideas next year.